• January 8, 2016
  • by
The Los Angeles District Attorney has declined to file criminal charges against Bill Cosby, officials said Wednesday.
After evaluating two separate allegations of sexual misconduct from 1965 and 2008, the D.A.'s office determined that they could not file charges of forcible rape, misdemeanor sexual battery or misdemeanor indecent exposure because the statute of limitations on those charges had expired, according to court documents.
The D.A.'s office also wrote that they considered filing a felony charge of sexual battery by restraint, but there was insufficient evidence to support it. There was no evidence to support charges of sexual assaults by intoxication or of an unconscious victim, attempts to commit such crimes, or assault with intent to commit a sex offense, they added.
"We are satisfied that the Los Angeles DA's Office fully and fairly evaluated all the facts and evidence, and came to the right conclusion," Cosby's attorney Chris Tayback told ABC News.
According to the paperwork, the office investigated crimes alleged by two Jane Does.
Jane Doe #1 claimed that she was forced by Cosby to have sex with him in 1965 when she was 17 years old. Jane Doe #2 alleged that in 2008, Cosby drugged her and molested her at the Playboy Mansion when she was 18.
Currently, the comedian, 78, is facing a charge of aggravated indecent assault stemming from a 2004 alleged incident in Pennsylvania. He was released on $1 million bail and is due in court later this month.
"The charge by the Montgomery County District Attorney's office came as no surprise, filed 12 years after the alleged incident and coming on the heels of a hotly contested election for this county's DA during which this case was made the focal point," said Cosby's attorney, Monique Pressley, in a statement to ABC News. "Make no mistake, we intend to mount a vigorous defense against this unjustified charge and we expect that Mr. Cosby will be exonerated by a court of law."
Lawyer Monique Pressley accompanied Bill Cosby and lawyer Brian McMonagle at a criminal court appearance in Elkins Park, Pa., last month.
BlacksNetwork Note
The Mr. Bill Cosby accusations were staged to damage his reputation, it's ridiculous.
If the accusation was true while do they waited for that long (10-20 years) before voicing out. You see something is wrong here. Someone is behind the movement to destroy Mr. Bill Cosby reputation, and being one of the blacks figure that achieved highly in our society, they want all means to bring him down and destroy history just as they did to Michael Jackson (may his soul rest in peace) if you remember his case.
Attachments
bill_cosby.jpg (42.07 kb, 84 views)